Germany Striker Miroslav Klose Aims To Break Gerd Mueller's Goalscoring Record

Monday, September 6, 2010

Germany striker Mirolsav Klose says he is targeting Gerd Mueller's 62-goal record for the national team, and wants to achieve it by the time he retires.

Klose currently stands on 53 goals from 102 matches, and is 15 goals behind the Bayern Munich legend.

"I will try to have another good game against Azerbaijan," the 32-year-old said in a press conference. "I would love to score a goal in every match I play.

"We already know that Azerbaijan will be a tough team to face. When we last played them, we were only 1-0 up at half-time, prior to winning 4-0.

"It is always nice to be in the top two German goalscorers, but my aim is to see my nation do well. As a team, we are missing at least three of four weeks' worth of preparation before we will be at full capacity again," Klose concluded.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive